This program is intended to prepare staff for managerial positions within the petroleum industry. The course focuses on the key HR functions which participants will be required to get familiar with and also acquire relevant and current know-how that are consistent with modern HR management.
In this age of vast computerization, telecommunication and having to work from home (via internet and e-mail), managers in the industry must learn to operate electronically without losing sight of the irreplaceable position of humans as the most important resource.
The program of lectures and case studies will create interaction among participants of varied background and experience as well as enable them to internalize the issues in relation to their own organizations’ situation. Given our knowledge of most the industry, we intend to employ the experiences of various producing locations as ‘live examples’ of tremendous relevance.
- Nature of General Management
- Objectives of Corporate Management
- Management Decision Process
- Problems of Corporate Management & Control Measures
- Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Departmental Functions in a Typical E&P Company (Personnel Management, Industrial. Relations, Compensations & Benefits, Manpower Development)
- Personnel Administration and Management
- Managing Training Functions Effectively (Training. Needs Identification, Training. Course Appraisal, Company Training Program and Career Path Development Etc.)
- Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Quality Standards/Objectives
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- Cost of Quality
- TQM Implementation and Implications for Human Resources
- Change & Change Management
- Change Defined
- Change & Quality
- Change As a Management Tool
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Data Generation & Processing and Typical Petroleum Industry Staff Data
- Derivation and Employment of Information for HR Management Purposes
- Personal Computing: Enhancement of Proficiency
Who Should Attend?
- Human Resources Departmental Staff
- Supervisors and Staff of Other Depts having HR Functions
- General Management Staff Being Prepared for HR Functions